I have moved

You can mostly find me here these days instead. I'll do cross-posting for a while longer though.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Playdate anyone?

I made Sofia a Playdate Dress last year with a green elephant fabric.

20101106_d5img010

She's worn it a lot of times and I love the silhouette of it. I've also gotten a lot of comments on the fabric. Apparently elephants are popular.

The fabric is a generic cotton fabric I found in the Patchwork section of my local fabric store. It came in green, purple and red (and apparently also brown, black and orange).

A few months ago I bought a length of the purple colourway, earmarking it mentally for another Playdate dress. It's such a great everyday dress and since we're gearing up for Spring/Summer Sofia needs more play clothes.

20110421_d5img002

So I took out the purple fabric and some white batiste to use for the yoke and paired it with a mustard polka dot fabric for piping and facings.

I have the yoke sewn up and I'm trying to figure out how to attach the piping so that it binds the inside seam of the yoke at the same time. I have an idea - just working out the chinks.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...