I have moved

You can mostly find me here these days instead. I'll do cross-posting for a while longer though.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Troubles with the Mailman

My husband threw his back out the other night and has been at home trying to recover. He's on the mend so he's up and about and yesterday he was making a sandwich when he looked out the window and saw the mailman try to stuff a Flat Rate Envelope down the mailbox.

He went outside to rescue it and the mailman was a bit miffed and said if we plan on getting any more envelopes of this size we should really get a larger mailbox.

Well, it's not like I'm going to stop ordering stuff but I'm not particularly keen on having a dropbox out there with a large slot and a note saying "Any large and interesting parcels can be dropped here". That's just begging to be robbed.

The mail carrier have a system where if the parcel is too large for being dropped in a box they leave a slip in the box and bring the parcel to the pick-up station. My guess is he wasn't keen on bringing it back with him.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do.

But!

This whole affair meant I have some City Weekend-fabric to play with! There should be another parcel for me today or tomorrow with one more knit that I ordered, as well as another parcel from a different store with the red City Weekend colourway. I am so excited.

I have this Saturday "off" from the family and I plan to trace a bunch of patterns this week so I can get started on cutting fabric and sewing on Saturday. If I'm lucky I might be able to cut fabric during the week so I can just sit down at the machine after breakfast and get stuck in.

Too bad Isabel's still not sold on the Ramble in the Park fabric I got for her. With a bit of luck I might be able to make it last for a tunic for myself.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...