I have moved

You can mostly find me here these days instead. I'll do cross-posting for a while longer though.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

I had no idea peonies were my favourite flower

20120619_img004

I bought a peony plant last year and planted it in the garden. There were no time for buds on it last year and while it looked healthy enough before winter it's been nothing but a few brown sticks all spring.

But then one day I saw there were lots of red shoots coming out in the ground around the brown sticks and after only a few weeks it was tall and green and full of buds!

My MIL insisted peonies don't bloom for three years after they have been planted but the buds grew fatter and fatter and this week they burst open into this!

20120619_img006

They smell divine too.

20120619_img008

There are five or six very large buds and a few more smaller ones but I'm hoping the plant will grow even larger next year and give me more of this incredible beauty in our garden.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...