I have moved

You can mostly find me here these days instead. I'll do cross-posting for a while longer though.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Five

profilv13_4

Five years ago today I dropped Isabel off at daycare and went with Rickard to the delivery room to be induced.

Sofia was 39 weeks and 3 days old and I had developed a symptom called Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy.
I itched all over and would scratch myself until I drew blood. It had been going on for about two weeks and on the weekend came to a head when I demanded to see a doctor about it.
They drew some blood and came to the conclusion that an inducement would be necessary.

Sofia - ny

At 9:15 pm this little one squirmed out. It had taken 5 hours from the last dose of labour inducing meds until she decided to join us on the outside.

She was a big girl at 4550 g, and she had to spend her first hour with Daddy since they rolled me away to be operated on after the delivery.

Mamma och Sofia

But that was over quickly and I was rolled back down to hold her properly.

Sofia_07month

She's been an inquisitive girl with lots of attitude from the get-go.

Being silly

At five she's taller than her big sister's class mates and there is nothing she cannot do. At least according to herself.

She's in daycare and this fall she will join in the Big Kids's group. She's very excited about that.

She loves music and dancing and crafting. She's the other best thing that ever happened to me.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...