I have moved

You can mostly find me here these days instead. I'll do cross-posting for a while longer though.

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Literary

böcker


I used to read copious amounts of books before I had my kids. After they were born I still tried to read but I could rarely relax long enough to really get into it again.


Since they’re bigger now I am trying again to be able to lose myself in a book and I have found a few that have really let me do that.


Ben Aaronovitch has written a series of books about PC Peter Grant. A police series set in London with both very realistic and supernatural elements. PC Grant has wonderfully sarcastic commentary on police procedure and the human nature and I devoured the firt three books when I found them this summer.


Broken Homes is the fourth book in the series and I have only gotten a few pages in yet so I can’t say if I like it or not.


The other two books are written by Laini Taylor. I read the first of them, Daughter of Smoke and Bone on my Kindle app first and loved it. I didn’t realise until the very last page that it was the first in a planned trilogy and I wept when I saw the planned release date being months away.


But finally, the day has come and I got the second in the series this week. I decided to re-read the first because it has been a while and I needed a refresher.

I also decided to get the first book in paper back as well because while the Kindle is convenient in that I can carry lots of books with me, nothing beats the feel of a well-read paper back book.


I’m one third through the re-read and I can’t wait to get to the second one – but then I want to get started on PC Grant too … Gah! So many books. So little time.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...