I have moved

You can mostly find me here these days instead. I'll do cross-posting for a while longer though.

Friday, August 16, 2013

Daily Dinner

20130816-210026.jpg


Tonight I made a kick-ass dinner for us.


I had a chilled puff pstry in the fridge that I used to line a shallow pie dish. In retrospect I should have pre-baked it for a few minutes. Do that. Don’t be like me.


I sliced up three onions, two yellow and one red onion in thin half-slices. Cook them in a skillet with butter until they are brown and caramelised and yummy.

I seasoned it with salt and pepper, about a tbsp of brown sugar and one or two tbsp of light soy sauce. Let it reduce then transfer the onions to the pie.


Top it with frozen green asparagus stems in a fancy pattern if you like or just one ext to the other like I did.


Whisk up 2 eggs with about 1 cup of milk (or half and half or heavy cream all depending on how naughty you feel like being). Then add some pepper and a nice helping of grated parmesan or pecorino cheese and stick it in a 225C oven for 20 or so minutes.


I had planned to have this or dinner with Rickard an let the girlies eat the panckes they asked for. But we ended up sharing because the girls thought it looked yummy.


Enjoy!!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...