I have moved

You can mostly find me here these days instead. I'll do cross-posting for a while longer though.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Army corset, part 2

About a month and a half ago I started on a new corset.

I got as far as sewing the outer shell and the lining together but then I had to put it on hold because I didn't have a busk or any boning.

Shell done.

I placed an order with a UK company for two black busks and boning for three corsets -ish. They shipped it promptly but then my Post Office was giving me a lot of trouble and wouldn't release it to me.
Since the value was so high the supplier had sent it insured and I hadn't used my full name on the order but rather the name I go by from day to day so the Post wouldn't let me have it.

It took a few days to sort that but finally I got it and went home to get going ... only to find out that the busks had been out of stock and would be sent later.


Finally in my last week of vacation I managed to eke out some spare time and put the busk in.


It's a bit fiddly but it went together smoothly. I stitched the seam twice for durability and cursed my machine for not letting me set stitch length in smaller increments than 0.5 - very annoying.


So one side of the busk is in, the other needs a modesty panel cut out too before I put that busk part in.
I am also debating if I should put in the mock belt I've seen on my inspiration picture or if I shold skip it. I have had trouble finding a nice buckle for it. At least one big enough.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...