I have moved

You can mostly find me here these days instead. I'll do cross-posting for a while longer though.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Amusement Park

2012-08-08 11.59.24

The entrance for Liseberg is this old beautiful wooden structure painted in the amusement park's colours, pink and green.
I'm not sure how old it really is or if it's even original but I like the retro/vintage look of it.

2012-08-08 12.08.43

The park's mascot is a big green bunny named Mr Berg. I pity the person stuck in this suit on a hot summer's day, and while the girls dove right in and gave the mascot a hug, I can't help but feel it's a bit weird. I have no idea who that person is inside and I still let him/her hug my kids.

2012-08-08 12.24.41

Isabel got a free pass for all the rides and the first one she tried was the bumper cars. I felt a bit sorry for her for having to go on the rides alone. Even if I liked going on rides I couldn't leave Sofia alone to wait for us if she was too small to go or, as was mostly the case, if she didn't want to.

2012-08-08 12.45.38

The fairground swings was one ride I could have considered joining Isabel but Sofia was very determined NOT to so Isabel went alone.

The layout of the rides are usually very good with great views of the lines even from the exit so I felt completely safe leaving her alone in the line once a few people had joined behind her.

2012-08-08 13.02.19

The view from up the mountain is great! They added that wooden roller coaster just last year I think. It's very new.

Untitled

These boats were a big hit! Sofia enjoyed it a lot and they even got a custom license after they had gotten off that looks just like a proper driver's license.

Untitled

This was another ride Sofia was eager to try and she looks happy enough in this picture but it wasn't long before she was crying and screaming at the top of her lungs and finally the attendant stopped the ride and let her off. She was so scared.

Ferris wheel

After that I had a hard time convincing her to go on the little Ferris Wheel with us. Isabel wanted me to come and again I couldn't if Sofia wouldn't join us.
But with the bribe of any ice cream she wanted she finally gave in. She didn't exactly enjoy it and after just two laps I had to ask the attendant to let us off next turn.

Once we were off Isabel rode a few more laps and when she got off Sofia somehow got caught on the wrong side of a gate  and hurt her foot and couldn't find me. So there were more tears.

Sofia's reward

An ice cream helped with that.

2012-08-08 15.34.03

After this we caught a 3D-movie about two sea turtles that was both cute, fun and a bit scary. Finally I wanted to go on the Liseberg Wheel, but no amount of persuasion would make Sofia come with us. So Isabel went alone in a cabin large enough for 6. She enjoyed the view but it was a bit dull in the end because they could only empty 4 cabins at a time and there were 42 cabins on the wheel.

2012-08-08 18.44.45

After a few more rides we got in touch with Rickard and agreed on a pick-up spot and we headed back south.
We stopped half way at a really great restaurant that only serves salmon. They had really fancy bathrooms there.

When we got ready to leave Sofia somehow again thought she had been left behind and I could tell she was really tired because Isabel had been standing right beside her and Rickard was just around a corner but she just couldn't function any more.

It was nice to be home, but Isabel and Rickard have made tentative plans to go up to Gothenburg again together just the two of them.
I think they would have a great time!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...