I have moved

You can mostly find me here these days instead. I'll do cross-posting for a while longer though.

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Sewing again

20130921-152850.jpg


I finally finished Sofia’s dress this weekend. It turned out better than I had hoped.


I used a fairly thin cotton with white elephants on a pale pink background for the dress and some hot pink Heather Bailey for the waistband.


I thought the dress would be too thin and see-through so I sewed up a little slip in the same elephant fabric.


20130921-153134.jpg


The dress ended up working without the slip so she has started using it as a nightgown instead.


20130921-153359.jpg


Sofia asked for snaps in the back because regular buttons would catch her hair. Had I had the time I could have figured out how to add a zip instead. I ended up frankensteining a covered buttonhole placket instead which works ok. At least her hair isn’t tangled up on the buttons.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...