I have moved

You can mostly find me here these days instead. I'll do cross-posting for a while longer though.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

I might be sewing again

I finished cutting out a dress for Sofia yesterday. I was going to drive to the fabric store and get some fabric for it but decided to have a look through my cupboards and see if I didn’t have anything at home.


Turned out I had a 4 m piece of pale pink elephants that would be perfect.


I cut out a Library dress from Oliver + S in size 8, but have since realised I probably should have cut out a 10 instead. Ah well, this will have to be a “wearable muslin” then. I have the interfacing pressed on the facings and I hope to take the first stitches tonight.


LibraryChristmas


I also ordered two new prints from Heather Bailey’s new fabric line, Lottie Da for a second Library dress for Sofia. I’m thinking I could get ahead on the Christmas sewing. This one will be a size 10, just to be sure. I plan to make the dress in the dotted fabric. (It’s actually small squares.) I’ll use the flower print for facings and accents like the waistband. I also ordered a piece in solid fuchsia that I hope will match.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...