I have moved

You can mostly find me here these days instead. I'll do cross-posting for a while longer though.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Changing it up

I wrote in December about a lovely gift I was sent by a friend in the US.

Looking at the picture made me realise how dingy my lanyard had gotten. I nicked it from Rickard who got it at work two or three years ago.

It was getting a bit too much and yesterday I had a light bulb moment when I realised I could actually make one myself!

New lanyard for the keys

I used two strips of Happy Mochi Yum Yum fabric. I love this fabric it's so sunny and happy. I'm working on making some essentials for myself (wallet, purse, make-up pouch) from that fabric.

The lanyard is part of that.

The fabric strip needed to be 6/8" finished so I cut two strips 1.5" and started ironing into double folded strips ... see where that went wrong?

Of course they needed to be 3" to start if I was to make them double folded.

In the end I only cut one more strip and used the two that were too skinny and sewed them together.

I used the hardware from my old lanyard and the whole thing didn't even take 30 minutes.

Next up - a new wallet.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...