Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Princess Di is wearing a new dress ...
Monday morning I cut out the last two pieces for Isabel's new School Photo Dress.
This dress has been on my list for a while. At first I didn't really care for it, but being the Oliver + S junkie that I am I still bought the pattern.
It has a hidden front pocket and an invisible zipper in the back. Both features that would normally put me off the project.
But then I've seen so many pretty dresses from this pattern in the Oliver + S Flickr pool I decided to make it for Isabel.
So I spent the weekend tracing the pattern onto some interfacing to use as templates and on Sunday night I pinned everything and cut out the dress.
I pinned the lining late Sunday night and didn't want to chance messing it up so I left it for the next day.
As the girls were hopping about Monday morning, getting ready for school and daycare I had a few moments to spare so I cut out the lining pieces and decided to get started sewing in the afternoon.
It was a lot easier than I had anticipated. The instructions to all Oliver + S patterns are always top notch.
So since I excel at following directions I had the dress constructed in record time. I would have had it almost completely done on Monday night, but my serger is a bit too loud to run at 11 pm, so I had to stop.
I finished up last night, and all I have left is attaching the lining to the zipper and sewing in the hook and eye and buttons. But I didn't want to do that sewing last night since the dress is white. I was sure I would prick my finger and bleed all over it if I attempted that at 10 pm.
More to come.