I have moved

You can mostly find me here these days instead. I'll do cross-posting for a while longer though.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Stockings to leggings

Sofia is growing at a crazy rate and she's at that stage now where lots of her clothes are too small and I need to fill it up not only with spring/summer clothes but also with a bigger size.

It's still a bit chilly in the mornings. It's not unusual to have below zero temps when I drop them off at school and daycare and then in the afternoons it's 15C or more.

The other day Sofia showed me that she had a hole on her footed leggings, or stockings as I tend to call them. And since they are a smaller size than she needs I would have thrown them out, but then I thought maybe I could salvage them.

20120331_img003

So I cut the feet off them and sewed some ribbed cuffs to the ends. I even had a blue ribbed cuff at home that matched the blue dots on the stockings.

20120331_img004

In Sweden they sell precut ribbed cuffs at the fabric store in lots of different colours and I tend to stock up on them when ever I'm there.

20120331_img007

They make great wristwarmers and I'm pretty sure we could figure out a way to use them for Barbie clothes as well.

Yay for upcycling!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...