I have moved

You can mostly find me here these days instead. I'll do cross-posting for a while longer though.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Ready for an Ice Cream Social

Last night after the girls were in bed I sat down to make Sofia a new dress.

I had the Ice Cream Dress in size 6 cut out and it was all ready to go.

I had hoped to get the yoke done before Sofia fell asleep, but no such luck.

In all it took a little over 2 hours and 40 minutes to get it done.

20110627_d5img023

Sofia picked the fabrics herself from my stash of Modern Workshop by Oliver + S (with a little help from me) and I think it turned out very well.

20110627_d5img009

I made this as a blouse once before an I remember having problems getting the back of the yoke look neat. I think I fiddled with it that time and made it work, but this time I wanted it too look more than ok.
So when I still couldn't get it to work I put a bird label on it.

20110627_d5img022

I brought the dress with me to work to show my co-worker and when I came home I told Sofia to go look in my purse for something that was hers and she came back unfolding the dress with a sweet smile on her face.

20110627_d5img004

I think she was very happy with it.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...