I have moved

You can mostly find me here these days instead. I'll do cross-posting for a while longer though.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Isabel's Birth Quilt

Isabel's Birth Quilt
This is a quilt I made for my oldest girl in 2004 just before she was born.

It's not so much a quilt as it is a patchwork, in that the blanket is not actually quilted. I also finished it using the birthing method instead of putting on binding.

She's used it at preschool for naptime but since she's a big girl now and don't join in on naptime it's now come back home again.

Isabel's Birth Quilt
It's made in a windmill design that in retrospect was quite elaborate for a beginner, but I weathered it. I broke two sewing machines and almost my back before I got it made.
In the end I sat for almost a whole day at my grandmother's house and sewed while she ironed. Teamwork.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...