I have moved

You can mostly find me here these days instead. I'll do cross-posting for a while longer though.

Monday, December 9, 2013

Windows and hatches

DSC_0150


Rickard took the day off on Thursday and put in the wooden boards around the windows (embrasures, google translate tells me) in our windows in the attic.


After a line of putty on the outside against the wall the windows look really good. Now we’re just waiting on a delivery of the stone windowsills. I’m told we should be able to pick them up this week.


DSC_0147


Each of the rooms has two inspection hatches so we can check the ventilation and electricity systems. The doors are flush with the walls but the board around it stick out. I’m not sure how to decorate around it but we’ll work it out.


The board on the right hand side (where the hinges are) is stuck on with magnets so we can open the hatch as well.


The floors are swept and vacuumed and ready for the floor boards. We finally managed to get hold of the plumber and he may have an opening next week to put in our radiators. We’ll have to hold off with the floor until he’s done. But I am itching to start.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...