I have moved

You can mostly find me here these days instead. I'll do cross-posting for a while longer though.

Monday, January 14, 2013

Lunch bag from London

After visiting the goldsmith on Saturday I took the bus back home and shut myself in my sewing room for the day.
I had one of my Saturdays off and Rickard took care of giving little girls lifts to parties and fixing lunch and dinner. It was great!

Made me a new lunch bag. I <3 London.

I ended up starting and almost finish this project that I have been mulling over for months. I didn't have time to finish completely on Saturday so I ended up sewing the last seams on Sunday.

The pattern is from Pink Penguin. I like it, but there are a few things I would change for next time. The tutorial suggests to add heavy interfacing if you use quilting cotton for the outside, which I did. But since I didn't have any iron-on interfacing I used a heavy interlining instead.
Then I added insulating interfacing too which made it way too bulky.
I also didn't bother altering the dimensions to fit my most used lunch boxes.

So for next time I think I'll enlarge it to fit, change dimensions so I can sew it with a 1/2" seam allowance and I will not add the interlining if I insulate it.

I will also change it so the cover is in two layers so I don't have any exposed raw edges on the inside.

Other than that I like it and I used it this morning.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...