I have moved

You can mostly find me here these days instead. I'll do cross-posting for a while longer though.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Secret Agent on the loose


I've been pretty occupied lately with taxes and book keeping and other financial issues that made me want to wash my eyes out with bleach.

I've not permitted myself to sew much of anything until the taxes were handed in and once I got used to not sewing it was kind of hard to get started again.

But then Oliver + S released their new patterns and there was this adorable trench coat, and at the same time they stared up a new show on children's television in Sweden with Agent Lycra where they invited kids to send in pictures of them dressed up as spies or secret agents.

And well - it all resulted in this:

20120501_img009

A very small and very cute Secret Agent Sofia ...

20120501_img011

She'll hide out behind an advertising leaflet with cut outs for the eyes to keep an eye on the neighbourhood.

20120501_img012

Then she'll take notes to make sure nothing is forgotten.

20120501_img016

Nothing escapes Agent Sofia!

Sewing notes: This is an Oliver + S Secret Agent Trench Coat in size 7. Made from a tan cotton twill I found at my local fabric store. Seams are bound with pink and white striped bias tape. I added a back yoke to it by drafting my own pattern piece using the back panel as a template. Buttons were bought at a haberdashery in town. Button holes sewn up in purple thread that I also used for top stitching. Hems are all sewn as two seams.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...