Tuesday, May 10, 2011
New coat - KCWC Day 1
I spent the weekend sewing a new coat for Sofia. The one I made her this winter is too warm by now so she needed a new one.
I based it on the School Days Coat by Oliver + S but instead of a hood I put in a collar.
I also added some width in the back via a box pleat. Turns out I didn't really need to, but now it's there I sort of like it.
I still have to do some hand stitching on it. The lining needs to be sewn to the coat. I also have to find buttons that are large enough and make button holes for those.
The coat is so much fun to sew. It comes together easily and beautifully.
The size 6 is large on Sofia since it's meant to have a quilted under coat in it, so I'm planning on tracing a size 8 for Isabel and see how it fits her.
In a light denim with a cotton lining it should fit her with just a few minor alterations. Length, specifically.
This is part of the KCWC Spring 2011 challenge - Day 1.