I have moved

You can mostly find me here these days instead. I'll do cross-posting for a while longer though.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Attic – Unveiling

8671535946_5e7bce3bf7_k


Remember this?


In almost exactly six month’s time it has become this:


DSC_0309


We did an epic IKEA run on Friday last week where we got beds, sofas, storage drawers, rugs, bedding, lamps etc. We assembled flat pack furniture until 10 pm on Friday and got up early on Saturday to continue.


DSC_0286


Before the addition of posters and book cases this is what Sofia’s room looked like. I love the floors. Not only because I laid it but because I think it’s absolutely gorgeous.


DSC_0284


This is Sofia’s bedroom nook. We added a hanging net over it after this picture was taken and it looks really cosy.


DSC_0302


Isabel picked a wood grain pattern on her drawers.


DSC_0306


I think her bed calls for a blue and white quilt with pin wheels – don’t you?


We had the grand opening of it on Sunday with ribbon cut, finger sandwiches and bubbly cider. The girls had already slept up there that night but let’s not dwell on that.


We have the closet to finish as well in the attic but we have all the material for it – we’re saving the work for the weekend. I have a chest to sand and paint this weekend as well. Fingers crossed the temps rise a little so I can get to it.


It took 6 months and 3 days from start to move in which was a bit longer than we had anticipated but still not bad since we’ve worked full-time as well.


DSC_0307


All that’s left for the girls to do now is find the favourite lounge spot. Isabel likes the sofa. Sofia prefers this for now.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...