I have moved

You can mostly find me here these days instead. I'll do cross-posting for a while longer though.

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Weekend away

We all came home smelling of wood smoke today after a weekend away at my in-laws' cabin.

It's a 90 minute drive up there and I do wonder why we don't go more often. I don't think I've been there for almost 2 years.

At the cabin

The cabin has electricity and can be heated with radiators but we ran the wood stove instead. It smoked a lot before the chimney got heated up and once it did the stove burned so hot and quickly we could hardly keep up.

It also got so hot at times we had to open the door.

Bigga the Bear and Mathilda Mouse are enjoying the warmth of the fire place

We left early on Sunday so Rickard could take Sofia to swim class at home and after a quick snack and a shower I ran a million loads of laundry. I also managed to talk Isabel into taking a shower at long last.

Once home and unpacked I ironed a quilt top I finished piecing the night before we left and while Rickard and the girls had a late dinner I basted it to an old sheet my grandmother gave me - I blogged about that a while back. I'll see if I can track down a link tomorrow. Here it is.

It's going to look nice - I hope. I'll start quilting it tomorrow. I'm thinking diagonal lines at 45 degree angles.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...