I have moved

You can mostly find me here these days instead. I'll do cross-posting for a while longer though.

Monday, August 3, 2009

Spruce it up with lanterns and bird cages

Ever since we moved in 2 years ago I've wanted to brighten up our living room.

When we moved in we had a white/off-white sofa from IKEA that looked sad. So this January we ordered a new, shiny black leather sofa with a foot stool and I had big plans to add some more colour.

I had stretched a piece of fabric over a wooden frame and hung it on the wall but the place needed something more.

Then I took up quilting and after both girls had gotten their quilts I set out on a quest to find fabric and a pattern that I could live with.

That was this winter.

I finally found what I was looking for.

The gorgeous fabric line, Lantern Bloom by Laura Gunn for Michael Miller Fabrics.

It's got gorgeous colours and sophisticated patterns that will add just the right palette to our living room.
So I ordered fabric to make the quilt and some extra prints to have room for some throw pillows and maybe to stretch over another frame.

I ordered the fabric last week from Fat Quarter Shop in Texas and I hope it'll arrive this week.

The quilt top looks easy enough to finish in a day, and since all the fabric I'll use is new I don't plan to pre-wash it but rather let it wrinkle up as it wish.

I can see the finished result before me, let's just hope it all lives up to my expectations.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...