I have moved

You can mostly find me here these days instead. I'll do cross-posting for a while longer though.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Birthday dress

20090527_img001

Every little girl needs a new dress for her birthday. And if it's home made the better.

Sofia's 2nd birthday is next Friday and this morning I decided she needed a birthday dress.

20090527_img002

So tonight after dinner I sneaked away into the sewing room and started drafting the pattern. It's from Ottobre Design's latest issue. I used model 18 which is basically a pillowcase dress.

There were 3 variations and I chose the sleeveless one in size 104. I think it will be a bit too big for her this summer but come fall I'm sure it will fit nicely.

I used some Robert Kaufmann fabric (Kleo and Bangle Dot in Sage) that I bought last year from an Etsy store to use for this very thing.

The dress came together really fast. I started copying the pattern at 7pm and the dress was finished at 9:45 pm.

20090527_img004

I need a different drawstring because the colour on the satin ribbon isn't quite right, but I can't decide if I should make my own drawstring from the Bangle Dot fabric or if I should buy something.
I'm leaning towards the first option, but I'm planning on making a second dress for Isabel using the same fabric combination so I'll have to wait to make sure I have enough.

I'll try it on Sofia tomorrow and I hope she'll like it.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...