I have moved

You can mostly find me here these days instead. I'll do cross-posting for a while longer though.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Alice's Birth Quilt aka Blessings Quilt

Alice's Birth Quilt
The girls' little cousin has been eagerly anticipated and on Sunday evening the parents to be drove to the hospital and delivered a little girl in just under 3 hours.

I was finishing up the binding on the baby's quilt and from what I can gather I made the final stitches just as they got ready to go to the delivery room.

Alice's Birth Quilt
I did a celtic inspired quilting on this one. There was a corner on the template too but I opted on quilting each row individually.
I think it turned out quite nicely.


Alice's Birth Quilt
Instead of putting on batting and backing I decided to use a piece of cotton waffle weave blanket that I had left over from my littlest girl and build the quilt around its measurements.
It made the quilt very pliable and snuggly and I hope little Alice will be kept toasty warm under it this fall and winter.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...