Friday, December 26, 2008
I made a "Just Enough Ruffles" for Isabel. I had to modify it for size both because her neck is small and because I didn't have enough yarn.
I made one version of it and ended up with 20 cm yarn left when I had 300 sts left to bind off. Less than ideal. This is version 2.0.
The red hat she's wearing is a Verity. Size S. I love it. She looks like little Red Riding Hood.
The black and white dress was a Christmas present from my mom.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
I've been very productive lately. A few weeks ago I started on the Just Enough Ruffles by Laura Chau. (Ravelry link)
Looking at the pattern you'd think it would take a long time to knit, but it really doesn't.
I finished the Butterscotch one above in just 2 days. And ...
... immediately started a second one in a yummy green shade.
The yarn is Cora from ONline. I couldn't find a local store that carried the Malabrigo yarn suggested, and I didn't want to wait.
I've still not knitted anything in the Malabrigo so I can't tell the difference, but Cora is a very nice yarn. Acrylic content but ... meh.
Once the scarves were done I shopped around for a hat to match and came across Verity by Ysolda Teague (Ravelry link).
The hat was a really quick knit. Started on Monday at Knit night and finished today (Wednesday) with ends woven in, just lacking a button.
I chose the wrong size. I thought the beret would have enough ease to fit my 58 cm head in the 56 cm size, but it just looks silly.
So I'm debating frogging it to the point where I skipped to Medium size and start over - or leave it as it is and maybe give it as a gift to someone.
I'm definitely starting another for my daughter who asked for one in red - and I thiink it will look adorable on her. X-small would be the way to go there.
So some hits and some misses - but it's all learning so I should just accept and move on.