Thursday, October 16, 2008
A few months ago there was a raffle at the LYS and I won some sock yarn. A few weeks ago I was bit by the sock bug and decided to use it for a pair of socks for Isabel.
The yarn is a bit coarse and itcy so I'll probably use up the rest on another pair of socks later on.
Instead I bought a differenst sort of Raggsock-yarn that's a bit softer. And used it to knit up another pair of socks for Sofia, using the same pattern but tweaking it a little so they would fit her.
I think I got them a bit too small in the leg part but overall they fit well.
I had yarn left over and decided to use it up on a hat.
Monday, October 6, 2008
I found this fabric at the fabric store a few weeks ago and just had to buy it. I saw the skirt in my head immediately.
I measured the length against another skirt Isabel has that's long enough, then adjusted so I didn't have to cut in the embroidery.
I serged it together then made a fold to hold a buttonhole elastic. I attached the elastic to one end and sewed on a button and buttoned the elastic.